At the OUF
The OUF is committed to environmental sustainability and supports the use of green, carbon-free, renewable energy in an effort to help reduce its overall environmental footprint. With the help of Bullfrog Power, the OUF is powered with 100% green electricity, which is injected onto the local grid to match the amount of electricity used during the OUF.
Bullfrog Power is a renewable energy provider that offers sustainable green electricity, generated exclusively from wind and hydro facilities that have been certified as low impact under Environment Canada’s EcoLogo program.
Other environmental initiatives implemented at the OUF:
- Sustainable drinking cups made from corn
- FSC-certified paper used in many of the publications distributed at the event
- Water coolers available; water served in jugs/pitchers to reduce plastic bottle waste
- Recycling boxes provided and used throughout the event
- A re-usable OUF bag for collecting university brochures and booklets
- Links to TTC and GO Transit added to OUF/FUO websites to encourage public transit
- Schools are encouraged to order sustainable giveaways
- Electronic scanners used to collect contact information, instead of paper forms that were used at some university booths